1) Preparation is the key to a successful audition
2) Forget about what you can’t control
3) Take risks: it’s better to be bold than boring
4) Don’t make excuses and don’t apologize
5) Make auditioning one of your chief skills
6) Find a way to enjoy the process
7) Let others make judgments
8) Don’t audition to be loved; ultimately it's about the material
9) Everyone is nervous, even the director.
10) Take your work seriously--train, prepare, read, study
11) Auditors want you to do well
12) Forget about “ideas” of the character. Focus on what the character says and does.
13) If you don't know how to turn result-oriented direction into action, invest in coaching.